Monday, September 19, 2016

Studio Vibes

This weekend I had the opportunity to fly home to New York to do a final listening session for my first single. This meant that when my producer, engineer and I got together, we would listen to my song & say that the song is either finished or needed to be worked on a little bit. I have been working on this song since May, so I had so many feelings about it and just wanted to release something I have been so proud to work on. When we got to the studio, there was a session before me and I was nervous because this is a whole new process for me. The people singing before me wrapped up, paid for their studio time and I walked in.

I had my camera with me because I wanted to film this experience. It's a beautiful studio and being surrounded by such great people made creating my first song that much better. As we listened our first time, my producer caught a few things he wanted to change to make everything sound better. I took pictures and videos of the producer and engineer tweaking some minor things in the instrumentals, but overall there wasn't too much work to be done on this project. We listened to my song a second time and realized that our hard work had paid off, and we had made something really cool together. When we listened to the song, we admired every sound we had made, appreciating how much time and effort it took to make it. We were so happy to finish and decided to record an in-studio acoustic session, which meant that my producer would play the guitar while I sing my first song to it.

That was fun too, and very different. I set up my camera and hit record. There was a stool and a microphone set up for me and a bench with a microphone for the guitarist. We practiced what chords on the guitar sounded best, and recorded a few tries. We had such a great time playing and I was so grateful that I was able to create my first song with two great people. We talked about how to release a song and how we can come up with a strategy for the best time to do that. I will know more details soon, but this has been such an incredible learning experience for me.Writing and completing a song has made me so proud of myself and I can't wait to see what comes from it. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment