Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Artists to Love

Recently, I have been listening to more artists that combine R&B and Hip Hop. Two artists that I immediately go for when i'm feeling those kinds of vibes are PartyNextDoor and Drake. I like how they can rap for half of the song and then for the hook, it's more singing and soft. For those of you who aren't too familiar with these artists, i'll explain a little bit about who they are.

Drake is a 29 year old Canadian artist who started out on television and got into rapping in the early 2000's, with his first mixtape "Room For Improvement". His first studio album was released in 2010 and has had made success ever since. He has won many BET Awards, Juno Awards as well as a Grammy for his work. He also owns his own record label called OVO Sound as well as his own clothing line.

Jahron Brathwaite, better known as PartyNextDoor, he is also a Canadian artist that many people love. Funny enough, he was the first artist who was signed to Drake's label. He released his first EP in 2013 and released 3 more albums within following three years. He was the writer for Rihanna's "Work" which many people have heard. He has also been working with many other incredible artists on songs and has been doing well.

My favorite song from Drake is "Practice" which I jam out to in my car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjf5VFGshVk

My favorite song by PartyNextDoor is "Come and See Me" which features Drake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5cc1LByAKA

I hope you like my blog posts about these artists and i'd love to hear your favorite songs by them!

2 comments:

  1. Dani! I am so glad that you are following this music trend. I am a big fan of the combination of Hip Hop and R&B myself! You should definitely check out Miguel, he is one of my favorites! Future is great too and also J.Cole is bae :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog! I have heard of PartyNextDoor but had no idea what is actual name was or anything about him so that was very interesting. Keep up the good work!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete